Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eggplant and broccoli

I bought them, yes I did. The eggplant was within limits ($0.89/ lb), the broccoli slightly over($1.29/lb, I think), but I have *plenty* of money left for the next two weeks veggies, so I figure the splurge won't hurt.

Breakfast was oatmeal, again. I need to make muffins, so at least I'm not spooning paste- the thought of it kills my appetite.

Dinner was a stir fry, with tofu, broccoli, cabbage, and onion. Flavored with vinegar, salt, and soy sauce, it was heavy on the tofu. Next time I'll definitely use more veggies. Next time I'll also think the whole thing out and start some rice before I do the stir fry. After all, I can't use cheap filler to provide calories if I don't remember to cook or eat it.

The eggplant, by the way, is getting cut into rounds or slabs, drizzled with oil, sprinkled with salt, and broiled until it's crispy. Then I'm making pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment