Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 209- Hiccoughs

The real kind, for hours. I'm naturally accident prone, and not the most graceful creature to walk the earth to begin with. Add hiccoughing, though, and I'm suddenly unable to do things that were only mildly challenging before.

Example: normally I only spill about 1/4 cup of water when filling my bottle from the pitcher. Last night? Took the whole pitcher to fill one pesky water bottle. Wouldn't be so bad, 'cept spilled water makes the bottle go musty faster.

Anyway, yeah, Hours. Kinda killed my gnocchi making dinner plans. Well, that and the whole "roommates don't work weekends" thing.

But while they were asleep I did manage something. I sliced up one of the monster zucchini, and half the huuuuge onion I bought last week. I put 1/2 a cup of flour in a big baggie, with lots of spices, and tossed the veggies in it. It was, it turns out, more flour than they could absorb, but mainly because I didn't use as much oil as I normally would.

So kinda steamed/ fried zucchini and onions, with thin breading. Would have been much much better with some ranch dressing, and deep fried, and cooked by someone else.

Gotta live with what you have, I guess.

Hiccough.

3 comments:

  1. Ever try a tablespoon of sugar to cure hiccups? Not the greatest idea if your a diabetic (skip it all together), but always as a last resort I down the sugar when nothing else works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water finally knocked it out. I find myself strangely against anything that lasts more than an hour and doesn't include either designer clothes or alcohol- neither of which are in my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a little late, but the only thing that has ever worked for me is to hold my breath, and swallow 10 times. It's hard (my husband says impossible, but it's not) but I swear by it!

    ReplyDelete