Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 180- The Never-Ending Errand

So after buying all that yummy stuff Wednesday (and eating close to two pounds of potatoes in one day) I didn't eat any of it yesterday. Ok, so I finished off the last of the (very spicy) fries.

Then I worked. And worked. And procrastinated. There was some napping, TV watching, and staring at the wall mixed in, too. It was super hot all day long, too, so I really wasn't hungry. Drat that ineffective AC.

Then I was supposed to pick Dad up at the airport. He works out of town, and does the air commuting thing. Actually, a lot of people in the Charleston area do the air commuting thing. Anyway, I was supposed to pick him up around 10.

A less experienced Charleston airport picker-upper might have made the classic mistake of showing up on time (or even early) for the flight. Several years (like 8) of picking my father up at this airport, though, have taught me one important lesson. Always check if the flight has taken off before you leave the house. It is sometimes faster to *drive* from Atlanta to Charleston then to take a 45 minute flight. No, I don't know how that works.

I watched the delays stack up, finally leaving to fetch him about 10 minutes after the plane was supposed to have landed. The plane was still on the ground at that point. I know how this goes, so I (cheated) picked up a $1 bag of chips- nothing else at the convenience store was affordable or really even eat-able. I snacked on them while I waited at cell-phone pick up for another 30 minutes. He finally showed up around 11pm. Drove him home, taking the scenic route because of road construction. And on the way home (now some time after 12) stopped at Taco Bell for one of the "Fresco style" bean burritos.

So, not good. But not really bad, either. Fun part is, the whole round trip was maybe 60 miles, but it still took about 3 hours. Oh well, at least it got me out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment