Tuesday, November 30, 2010

OBD 29- I Missed Mole Day

Not, you know, that I had money for mole-day festivities.

It's just... after missing Pi day back in March, I was looking forward to an excuse to eat avocados and food in spicy kinda-chocolate sauce. Guess between Talk Like A Pirate Day and the start of NaNoWriMo, I just got too excited/ burnt out, and missed it.

Sorry, science geeks. I will have to worship standardized quantities next year.

Um, or something- I never did pass chemistry....

In other news, my house is now a pasta-free zone. I finished it all. So no more mac and cheese, and no more tasty fresh veggie pasta sauce stuff. I finished all that yesterday.

Don't worry, though- I still have onion, garlic, beans, chips, turnips, wine, panko, flour, cheese, zucchini (bought more, just in case), and all kinds of other stuff.

I'm thinking pizza. All in favor?

Also, I've been thinking about what stuff I actually use, and what I'd like to have, and what basic, simple, rather cheap stuff makes the whole cooking/ eating thing more enjoyable/ less utilitarian. Sure, food is fuel, but it doesn't have to be just fuel, right? Form and function, like modern furniture, only more comfortable. I'll be putting that together for tomorrow, I think, when I go back to a real, live, ugh-full budget. Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment