Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 325- 2 Dollar Shopping Trip And Bad Lifetime Movies

I went to the save-a-lot yesterday, looking for some veggies. I *really* wanted some sweet potatoes, but the ones they had were all gross and gnarled and starting to get ooky. So no sweet potatoes.

I picked up 2 good sized onions, a small head of garlic and (oh, happy happy day) an avocado. With tax it was exactly $2. Never ever going to happen again. But now I have onion and garlic *and* avocado. No idea what I'll do with them, but i'm sure i'll figure it out.

Meanwhile, I'm watching a movie that I just can't enjoy. I normally *love* the craptastic Lifetime Movies. This one, though, needs some hard-core fact checking. I get that most of the world has never heard of Wyoming. I get that most people, even in the US have no real geographic knowledge of the magic fly-over states.

For anyone who choses to watch this bad movie...

The story takes place in Denver. The character *flies* to Laramie. She stays in a *really nice* big hotel. I don't think there's one in the whole state of Wyoming that looks like that. Laramie is a 2 hour drive, three in traffic, from Denver. It's got a whopping 28,000 people (when every college, school, and university is in session). Until about 2007 there was a Comfort Inn, a couple highway-side motels, and a collection of strange local-owned places. Now they have a Garden Inn and a Hampton. It's moving up.

Drat my travelling to places no one ever goes!

Now to finish listening to/ watching the movie and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment