Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 7, part 2

Thought I'd finish up Saturday, even if it is a bit late.

For breakfast I made oatmeal, and the improvement was amazing. I almost half a tea spoon each of cinnamon and vanilla in before "cooking", and two heaping teaspoons of sugar afterward, with about a tablespoon of almonds, crushed in my hand. Yummy. Still paste-y, but yummy.

Half a tangelo for a snack (from florida, even). Then for lunch *and* dinner I had my cheater chili again.

Here's what I put in it-
  • 'bout a cup or so cooked black beans (half a cup dry, give or take)
  • 'bout a tablespoon of oil
  • quarter of a small yellow onion, roughly diced
  • the rest of the pasta sauce (about 3? oz- the first marking line on the glass jar)
  • 'bout 1 2/3's cups of water, enough to fill the pasta jar about halfway
  • too much salt
  • 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon each- chili powder, garlic powder, paprika
Yeah, I think that's everything. Cook the onions in the oil with salt until they start to brown/ get soft. Dump in everything else (water in the sauce jar with the sauce, shake, dump in all at once). stir and watch until it's reduced down to a thicker/ less soupy consistency. Either eat alone out of bowl (won't last long) or over starchy/ filling/ bulky stuff (rice, potatoes, bread, pasta).

I used potatoes because, as already mentioned a couple times, I'm lazy and they cook faster (hello microwave). This ended up being a little more than a pint of 'chili', was sweeter than I'd normally make, and is hugely cheap.

And that was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment