Sunday, February 28, 2010

Two weeks down, fifty to go

I think it's time to come up with something else to eat. I have other options, I just haven't made any of them yet. But I'm pretty sure if I keep eating beans and fake cheese my roommates are going to kill me and dump my body in a swamp somewhere.

If I were a little more motivated I might make gnocchi, or even pasta. As it is, I think I'm going to spend some of my surplus veggie money on a tomato, an avocado, and a lime. Maybe some nice boring white vinegar, as well.

Breakfast was left over half a tangelo, lunch/ dinner the other bean empanada-thingy.

Looks kinda sad, written like that, but I only really woke up at two in the afternoon, and was ready to go back to sleep about 6 hours later. After two weeks I've still not got any kind of schedule, rhythm, or real food habits going on. I didn't realize how much i was depending on prepared stuff, junk food, and the occasional trip to a restaurant before.

Luckily, if I can muster up the motivation, I have a bunch of recipes, ideas, and websites I can use. Just the motivation holding me back.

3 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Indian food, if you like.
    You can get a box of rice cake mix (idly) for 99 cents at any Indian grocery store or in an ethnic food aisle. It takes about ten minutes to prepare; a pack of mix yields about 10-12 cakes. You can eat it as-is or with hot sauce; decent source of good carbs. (of course i like them. i indulge on a whole box the night before i go running)

    I am following your progress with interest. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alyse- Thank you. I'm pretty sure I could do better, but the support means a lot.

    @bl1ng- I normally do a lot more Indian food. or I guess Indian-style food. I'll work on getting it into my eating rotation, and I'll look for the idly mix next time I go to the store.

    ReplyDelete