Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 71- Beans and Potatoes

I really wanted fries today, nice thick oven fries, coated in oil, lime juice, and jerk seasoning. When I got to the kitchen, though, it seemed like much more work to hunt down and wash a mixing bowl then to just use the frying pan, so I had homefries and beans instead.
Photobucket
Looks like dog food, I know, but it tasted really good.

It was easy to make too- just peeled cubed potato, oil, salt, about a cup of black beans, jerk seasoning, a couple squirts of lime juice, and some watered down catsup for saucy flavor. I made about 3 cups of it, and scarfed it down. Would have been better with onion or garlic, but I wasn't in the mood to deal with them.

For "breakfast" I had some more of the dahl-like stuff. I'm getting kinda sick of it, honestly. I have about two more servings left and I don't think I'm going to miss it when it's finally gone.

Depending on how you interpret the food pyramid, I either had all starch, all veggies, or some starch (or veggie) and some protein today- beans and potatoes are, it seems, very versatile foods.

Bonus roasted eggplant, right before I realized it wasn't quite cooked enough
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment