Saturday, November 6, 2010

OBD 5- Strange Random Food Day

I spent most of yesterday working on my "where do I want to be in 3 months" plans and trying to get into NaNoWriMo mental space. I have a much better idea where I'm going with both of those things now, so that's good. Also, I spent sometime being totally overwhelmed by the stuff put out by Harlequin for their so you think you can write week/ thing.

So when I say I just ate what was easy and around, I kinda really mean it. Also, between allergies and what might be a developing cold, I fell asleep early. Like around 5pm. So the whole food thing was a bit stranger than I was really planning.

Also, those of you out there paying attention might have noticed that other than a couple huge splurgy things I'm really not *that much* farther off budget than I normally seem to be. That's more to do with cash flow at the beginning of the month than anything else. Stupid Skype, wanting money to keep me phone-numbered...

So yesterday I ate:

  • a plate of noodles with soy sauce and garlic powder
  • a curry/ onion savory pancake thing
  • a super cheap cheese pizza
  • 3 Advil and a Benadryl.
Not the healthiest day ever. Not really interesting, either. While I was making the pancake thing I thought about making sweet chili sweet potato fries, but I was too cold to stand in the kitchen, so I didn't. I also spent $1.21 on a frozen pizza, which tasted good.

It seems to me that now that I've said "it's ok to eat cheese" I'm having it every day. I don't know how long it will last, but I think it's a pretty good indication that I'm not ready for the full on vegan thing right now. And maybe that's selfish, and maybe the vegan police will come take my official "I tried" card away, and maybe I'll be cast out of the community of vegetarians forever. But sometimes you just have to do what works for you. And if that's selfish, then I'm selfish.

Also, I figure that if the veggie community were going to take away my membership, they'd have done it the first time I told someone how to make lamb taste good, or all about the joys of roast duck quesadillas.

Hey, just because I don't eat it, and the thought of eating it makes me want to hurl, doesn't mean it can't taste good. It just doesn't work for me.

/derail

Now, off to NaNo so I can submit a story to Harlequin in early December.

No comments:

Post a Comment