Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 1, part 2

I've made it most of the way through my first day on a food budget. While it was great in some ways (no impromptu trips to the convenience store for chips) it didn't help at all when I took a trip to the gaming store. Oh well, I needed dice anyway.

I have the cash- 6 month's food money. $182.50 really doesn't look like a lot.
Photobucket
It sounded like a lot more before I took pictures... I don't know how it's going to last me until August 15th.

And the money for my big purchases- flour, oil, rice, beans and stuff.
Photobucket
This is only $72.50. I didn't get any fives- oops.

On to today. I spent nothing, eating only the stuff I already have in the house- to be honest I wasn't that hungry, and I didn't feel like walking to the store- about a mile and a half away- to start stocking up. I'll probably go tomorrow. My first $20 in fresh stuff, veggies, and fill in needs to last me until March 20th- 5 weeks.

For food today I ate-
  • the rest of the Oreo's
  • about 1/5th of the ice cream (and am I ever going to miss it when it's gone)
  • Noodles with soy sauce, garlic, and olive oil
Photobucket
Not the healthiest day, but not bad.

Oh, and I forgot some things before- I also have (I think) some spices (turkish seasoning, maybe?), most of a small bag of jolly ranchers, and the last half of the small tub of Earth Balance I mentioned before. I think that's it. Might have a Lara bar hanging around somewhere, but I've no idea where.

Day one, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment