Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 342- Lazy Weekend?

Yesterday I finished off the rest of the pasta, with another small batch of home-made sauce. Quick and easy, super lazy and cheap. Win across the board.

Then I started thinking about food I don't have. I have the biggest craving for open faced grilled "cheese" samiches piled high with avocado, onion, and tomato. Melty white cheese on crispy bread, crunchy onions, yummy bite of tomato and lime juice. squishy, fatty yum of avocado.

Seriously craving.

Of course, it's about an 8 dollar sandwich, so it's not happening.

Neither is pizza. Or vats of french onion soup. Or fried ravioli I don't have to make from scratch.

So I'll try to quiet my cravings another way. I've got pintos in the slow cooker, and four in the freezer. I'm thinking some bean tacos or even just bread might work, for now. I'll figure the rest out later.

I'd pretty much *kill* for chips, dip, and delivery pizza right about now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment