Saturday, August 13, 2011

Food For A Week: San Pedro, Day 5

Today I did my best to make up for any shortages last week. Unfortunately, my evil food-plot seems to have developed a serious case of FAIL.

All was well with the world at 1pm, when I finally dragged myself away from the computer and off to the cool restaurant. I scarfed down a plate of hummus and chapati (flat bread), and had a can of coke. Thought about a brownie, but decided against it.

Then, around 7:30, I went off to get dinner. On the weekly phone call home, I was told to eat more. So I did.

I went to the place that sells falafel, but instead of that tasty snack I got pasta.

Pasta with tomato and cream sauce, actually. With extra cheese.

Those of you who were around last year (or have read your way through the archives) know that my stomach is not so sure it agrees with the idea of me eating dairy. In fact, it's often pretty loud in its arguments against dairy.

I've been testing my stomach and intestines. Pushing them with the dairy thing. I've only had a few, shall we say, slightly less than pleasant reactions to it. But I've also not been having what is basically a big plate of lactose with some pasta and tomatoes mixed in.

So though the cream and extra cheese added a couple hundred extra calories... I think I ended up losing more than I gained. There's no way my body absorbed much before my GI tract booted the creamy food. Oh well, now I know better for next time. Taunt abdomen with cheese, don't even think about cream.

You'd think I'd have learned by now. Oh well. At least the waitress picked up the plate before I licked the sauce off.

No comments:

Post a Comment