Monday, November 22, 2010

OBD 21- Beans

I *was* going to make food for the next week. Mom has a pile of veggies she picked up for me, which I have yet to get my grubby little hands on. I'll have to trek over there later today and fetch them, most likely.

Once I have them in my kitchen, I've got plenty of stuff I can do with them. Until then, I've got to work with what I've got. Also, this work thing is taking up more time than it should. No, seriously... Much more.

So I ended up getting none of what I needed to do done yesterday. I'll probably get nothing done today, and I've got nothing cooked for lunch.

Yesterday I was happily loafing along with Nog for b-fast. Then I answered the phone (oops) and didn't eat "lunch" until after 11pm.

So it's a good thing that I had a bit of rice still left over, and that I scooped out a couple cups of plain beans before I made the rest into chili. I ended up with the world's easiest, laziest, fastest meal.

Beans and rice with lemon juice, onions, and garlic. Just what it sounds like, only the garlic was powdered, there was a bit of oil and cayenne, more than a dash of salt, and something else, but I don't remember what...

Really, for something that took less than 3 minutes to put together, not that bad.

Then around midnight I got snacky and went to the convenience store. Most of a bag of chips later, I'm not doing so well nutritionally, or budget-wise (very still a consideration) but I got closer to a reasonable calorie number for the day.

Now, back I go (pleh).

No comments:

Post a Comment